Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
WIC provides access to healthy food, breastfeeding support and encouragement for moms-to-be, new moms and families with young children, every step of the way.
The WIC program is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants & Children (WIC) funded by the United States Department of Agriculture. For full nondiscrimination statement: https://www.nutritionnc.com/nondiscrimination.htm
Who is WIC for?
- Children up to 5 years of age
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last 12 months
- Women who have had a baby in the last 6 months
When you apply for WIC please provide:
- Proof of identification (for all individuals applying for WIC)
- Proof of income (for all household members with income)
- Proof of residence (where you live)
Examples of what you will need to provide:
- Identification: (Only one is needed) - Valid driver's license, Social Security card, current work/school ID, current Medicaid card, current military ID, birth certificate, immunization record, and for infants: hospital crib card, ID bracelet or mother’s verification of facts form.
- Residence (where you live): (Only one is needed) - Current utility bill, valid driver’s license, current Medicaid card (or presumptive eligibility form), bank statement, current rental or mortgage receipts, Division of Motor Vehicle ID card.
- Income: Current paycheck stubs, if self-employed your recent tax return or history of earnings for the past twelve months, current Medicaid card, a letter of certification for the NC Food and Nutrition Services, a letter from your employer stating gross income and frequency of pay, unemployment letter/notice.
For more information, please call the Harnett County Health Department--WIC Office at 910-893-7570 or visit the local office at 307 W. Cornelius Harnett Blvd. Lillington, NC 275646.