Receive Emergency Notifications from Harnett County
Harnett County Emergency Management is able to send severe weather alerts and emergency alerts to our citizens who sign up in the system. This system is the RAVE system and it is used for evacuations, sheltering information, and other pertinent information. Our system is also tied to the National Weather Service notifications system so that you will get weather watches and warnings in the Harnett County area. This is a voluntary sign up system that requires our residents to opt-in for the service.
To Register for Severe Weather & Emergency Notifications on your cell phone:
- "Click Here" or visit getrave.com/login/harnett
- Click "Register" link towards top right
- Enter all fields for Account information
- Confirm your mobile carrier
- Check your email for Rave confirmation
- Click registration hyperlink in your inbox
- Enter 4 digit code that was texted to you and click Finish
To Activate your Account, you must complete one more step to opt-in for Alerts:
- Login to the Rave System
- Go to "My Account" by accessing the figure at the top right of the webpage.
- There will be three tabs at the top center, click Opt-In Lists
- Check the box on the right hand side under subscribe for "Public Opt-in" and "NWS Weather Alerts", or whichever you prefer to receive.
- You may Sign-Out at this time, no further action required
If you have any questions you may contact our office at 910-893-7580 and ask for Emergency Management or email HCEM@harnett.org.