Harnett County,
North Carolina

Solid Waste 


Harnett County Solid Waste is reponsible for the management and day-to-day operation of the landfills/transfer stations located in the county.

Check out our calendar link for holiday closures.

Important Announcements
Citations for Illegal Dumping After Christmas

This week, 16 civil citations and 4 state citations were issued to citizens leaving trash at closed convenience center gates. DO NOT leave trash outside gates at the convenience centers or landfill. This is considered littering under N.C.G.S. 14-339. Violaters will be subject to civil citation or criminal charges.

How to Claim Your Solid Waste Sticker

Solid Waste stickers can be obtained at both landfills, Dunn-Erwin and Anderson Creek, and at all four convenience center sites. To obtain a sticker, please show proof of Harnett County residency. Acceptable proof of Harnett County residency would be a driver's license, a vehicle registration card, tax bill, water and/or power bills (a physical Harnett County address must be shown).

For questions, please call the Solid Waste Department at 910-814-6156.

Cardboard Recycling

Cardboard for recycling may be dropped off at your nearest convenience site. Cardboard WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED at 200 Alexander Drive location until further notice.

Board of Commissioners
GIS Portal
Register of Deeds Search
Employee Information