The Harnett County Board of Commissioners held a regular meeting yesterday evening in the Commissioners Meeting Room at the Harnett County Resource Center and Library.
Commissioners kicked off the April 18 meeting with the approval of the consent agenda. These action items included:
- Authorization of Harnett Regional Water to enter into a 10-year water supply contract with the Town of Fuquay-Varina.
- Adoption of a resolution authorizing Harnett Regional Water to apply for $5,000,000 in American Rescue Plant Act (ARPA) grant funds and $15,000,000 in Clean Water State Revolving Loan Funds (CWSRF) in association with the North Harnett Wastewater Treatment Plant (NHWWTP) Capacity Upgrade Project.
- Approval of the re-classification of two Deputy Sheriffs Positions. The increase in salaries for the re-classifications will be funded by freezing a third Deputy Sheriffs Positions. No additional funding will be needed.
- Approval of the re-classification of four Detention Officer Positions to Booking Intake Technician pay grade 102, salary of $31,947. The Booking Intake Technician will be a civilian position. No additional funding is requested since the positions are a lower paygrade.
- Authorization for K-9 Sadie to be retired and authorization of “Sadie’s” Former Handler William Nowell to purchase “Sadie” for $1.
- Approval of a contract with the NC Office of State Budget & Management related to the receipt of a $630,000 Local Infrastructure Grant the County received as part of the State Budget.
- Approval of a contract with the NC Office of State Budget & Management related to the receipt of a $100,325 State Capital Infrastructure Directed Grant the County received as part of the State Budget.
Next, Commissioners opened a public comment period for citizens to address the Board. There were eight citizens to provide remarks on various topics.
Following the public comment period, County Commissioners approved a zoning change from residential to commercial zoning along US Hwy 401 North in the Hector’s Creek Township.
Commissioners then authorized five agreements and a letter of support with the GREAT Grant Internet Service Providers.
Last, County Manager Brent Trout provided updates to the Board, which included the Veterans Services Activity Report, Department of Public Health Activities Summary, and interdepartmental budget amendments.
The next County Commissioners regular meeting will be held on Monday, May 2 at 9:00 AM. You can watch the meeting in full by visiting Harnett County Government’s youtube channel or the Commissioners webpage at harnett.org/boc.